January 25, 2020
The Evangelical Association of Theological Field Educators, a caucus of the Association for Theological Field Education concluded its biennial conference held at Gateway Seminary in Ontario, CA. There were 26 attendees from 15 member schools and organizations. This was the 19th biennium conference for the group.
Here are some highlights from the conference:
* Attendees benefitted from several plenary presentations dealing with pertinent topics such as theological reflection, intercultural ministry, and spiritual direction in the classroom.
* Select members presented unique aspects of their current field education programs that might be beneficial to other member institutions.
* A panel of current ministry mentors of students was held, providing helpful perspectives on both how they see the value field education provides, as well as the importance of their role as they mentor students in their ministry engagement and formation.
* A new board for the 2020-2022 biennium was elected as follows:
Chair: Jim Hampton, Asbury Theological Seminary
Vice Chair: Stan Newton, Dallas Theological Seminary
Treasurer: Katherine Horvath, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
* The location for the 2022 EATFE conference was announced. It will be held at Dallas Theological Seminary. The specific January dates are still being confirmed.