March 18, 2022
The Evangelical Association of Theological Field Educators, a caucus of the Association for Theological Field Education, held a virtual conference on March 18, 2022. There were 17 attendees from 14 member schools and organizations. This was the 20th biennium conference for the group. Members can access the plenary presentations by contacting EATFE Treasurer and paying the $25 Conference fee.
Here are some highlights from the conference:
* Attendees benefitted from two plenary presentations dealing with the role technology plays in theological field education and providing a framework to help us continue to imagine the future of theological field education among the multitude of changes happening in the church and wider society.
* Small groups discussed the complexities of theological education and sought to discern the best paths forward. Participants had the opportunity to contribute theme ideas for the next conference. In addition, there was an opportunity for members to answer the question, “How can EATFE continue to help and resource you?”
* There was discussion about re-doing the text Preparing for Ministry, which was published in 2008. Participants were invited to participate in the project, under the leadership of Dipa Hart.
* Due to not having an in-person conference, the board for the 2022-2024 biennium will stay the same:
Co-Chair: Stan Newton, Dallas Theological Seminary
Co-Chair: Jim Hampton, Asbury Theological Seminary
Treasurer: Katherine Horvath, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Secretary: Andrew Dyck, Canadian Mennonite University
* The location for the January 2024 EATFE conference was announced. It will be held at Dallas Theological Seminary.